Some MG VRS Category Clarifications:
MG Office Desk duty is classified as a “Plant Clinic”
- MG Mentoring is classified as “Master Gardener Mentor.”
- Helping set up or tear down before and after meetings is classified as “Other approved Projects – Support”
- Anything to do with the Plant Sale is classified as “Fundraiser.”
- For Trainees – they can’t count their hours attending the training as give back hours.
- For Mentors – Hours at the training counts as continuing education. The Schedule sheet will say how many hours each class counts towards.
- Basically anything done at the Inspiration Garden is “Educational Garden (maintenance).” The only exception is when you help lead a class, tour, or give a presentation at the garden.
- If you raise plants for the Plant Sale, please put down how many hours you think you spent growing those plants and put it under the label “Fundraiser.”
- Attending a board meeting is classified as “MG Association.”
- Chapter Meetings: If there is a guest speaker it counts as 1 hours of continuing education. If there is not a guest speaker it doesn’t count for anything unless you are helping set up or take down.
- If you do something that doesn’t fit in any of the categories, It is okay to put it in “Other Approved Projects.” Just PLEASE add a description so Rachel knows what it was you did when she looks through your hour submissions.
- VRS Quick Tips:
- To enroll for VRS and create an account go here: https://mgvrs.extension.oregonstate.edu/enrollment/index.php
- Once you have an account created or if you have previously enrolled, use this link to login: https://mgvrs.extension.oregonstate.edu/index.phpTo enter hours click on the link that says “Report New Volunteer Service Hours.”
- Choose whether you are submitting Continuing Education Hours or Volunteer Service hours.
- Fill out the information required to the best of your ability.